Wednesday 27 July 2011

I Want to Live Here, Part Deux ...



When I fell upon this super adorable house designed by  David Neiman Architects , I immediately knew I had to share it with all of you. There's something about this home that really connected with me and I'm hoping you guys like it too!

It's a simple residence with nothing overtly exuberant or luxurious, but it's that comfort and simplicity that truly make it spectacular.

The first thing that caught my eye was the color palette. The use of yellow makes the house feel young, fresh and playful while the pastel blue walls exude a sense of calm and serenity. The beautiful hardwood flooring unifies the space and keeps the house feeling warm and welcoming.






My favorite room is by far the kitchen.

First and foremost, lets talk about that awesome multi-functional island!  It stores away the microwave, the wine fridge, acts as a kitchen table which seats four people, it has a discrete little nook to neatly hang pots and pans, it has a sink, plenty of open shelves to display recipe books and also has a butcher block work area!

I love the cheery yellow pantry and computer desk area complete with a yellow accent chair. The fridge door matches the cabinetry and the ample windows (loving the yellow trim) let tons of light into the space which makes it feel spacious and airy.









I love the little banquette area in the back!



























So what do you guys think about this house? Yay or nay?


Images via  www.houzz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment